Knowledge of an asset’s location provides efficiency in its management.
Locating assets and tracking information about them can save an organization a great amount of time and resources. Using Geographic Information System (GIS) technology to do this give organizations a more accurate reflection of real-world circumstances and allows them to make better business decisions.
Here at Polaris Digitech Limited, our GIS-Enabled Utility Asset Enumeration helps organizations to identify, capture and bring into a geospatial database all utility assets including their geographical positions within the distribution network. This gives the organization the ability to have a 360-degree overview of all their assets.
Features and Benefits
- Physical and network survey of assets
- Smart hand-held devices for capturing asset details along with associated attribute data
- Accurate spatial data captured by base map navigation using GPS/DGPS technology
- Predefined and configurable survey forms with user-friendly options in smart hand-held device
- Unique ID codes generated for all assets
- Proper tracking and updating of unauthorized and non-registered connections
- Error-free identification of assets connectivity
- Connection type identification for consumers
- Network Documentation and Data Processing
- Downloading of surveyed data to GIS software for further processing
- Updated consumer Information
- On-site/ Remote validations to validate the network and consumer surveyed data
- Network topology preparation after data validation
- Asset data details
- Asset data with “Asset Universal Coding System (NAC)”
- Suggestions, recommendations and probable solutions to the utility against problems identified during activity