To expose participants to the hands-on experience on the use of GPS Receiver, acquisition of geospatial datasets for different applications as well as building of requisite data processing and management skills using MapInfo Pro Software
4 Days (option of Saturday Classes are available on request)
- Officials in Public Sector MDAs such as Lands, Environment, Urban Planning, office of Surveyor General, etc.
- Personnel in Sales & Marketing Teams of FCMG, Pharmaceuticals, Logistics, Supply Chain, Courier, Product Distribution & Delivery Firms.
- Technical personnel in the utility, real estate/property management, media, market research, telecoms, ICT, etc.
- Students & Graduates of Surveying/Geoinformatics, Geography, Urban & Regional Planning, Town Planning other related fields.
- Other professionals who require knowledge and skills on the use of GIS in proffering solutions to challenges in their organisations, research and projects.
About the Training Course
Fundamentals of Geospatial Data Acquisition & Management is a 4-day training course organised by Polaris Digitech Limited – one of Nigeria’s foremost GIS & Location Intelligence Firms.
The training is instructor-led featuring lectures, hands-on exercises, practice sessions and a mini-project at the end of the course to reinforce the knowledge, concepts and skills. The course work has been designed to include both class and practical based tasks. These activities are aimed at getting hands-on experience on the use of hand held GPS Receiver, acquisition of geospatial datasets for different applications as well as building of requisite data processing and management skills using MapInfo Professional, a premier GIS Software from one of our partners Pitney Bowes Software.
The acquisition of refined and feature rich dataset using the hand held GPS receiver is essential to modern day geospatial projects and applications. Since its availability to civilian users about two decades ago, GPS has become a success in surveying, mapping and GIS applications. Even though there is wide usage of GPS today, the fundamental concepts, capabilities and data processing features are often not well understood. This training will provide an essential understanding of the use of the GPS as well as practical applications in several areas.
MapInfo Professional is the GIS software of choice for display, manipulation and management of spatial data. It has the capabilities for creating GIS files formats, feature extraction from raster based data (satellite imagery, orthophotos, etc) and populating database to mention a few. The course covers the basic knowledge needed for development of good user-skills in handling the application both for beginners and experienced.
This training is conducted at the facility in our office in Ikeja. We can arrange to run the training in your office or location of choice.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Why Polaris Digitech?
- We are a foremost indigenous Land Surveying and GIS & Location Intelligence Firm
- Experienced in Geospatial Data Acquisition and Management
- Internationally recognised with Innovation Award for an Enterprise GIS development in Nigerian Telecom Industry
- Nigerian Partner for Pitney Bowes Software, the developers of MapInfo Pro Suite
Post-Graduate $ Professional students fee N100, 000.00
Under-Graduate $ National Youth Service Corps(NYSC) Members N35, 000.00 ONLY; covers GPS & MapInfo Training, Office & Field Practicals, Tea & Coffee, Lunch and Certificate
How to Apply
Please complete registration form online – Polaris Training Registration Form
For additional information, please contact:
- Sales & Training: 0803 497 8374, 0708 243 2553
- Office Front Desk: +234-1-761-2398, +234806 151 5162
- Email: email@example.com
- Interested participants could also visit our office to learn more about the training programs.
- Participants who have satisfactorily completed the training course may stand the chance to be part of our Project Team
- Customised GIS Training to meet specific requirements of Clients are available on request.